लेख विवरण

Meg Lanning not to participate in 8th season of WBBL

Meg Lanning not to participate in 8th season of WBBL

Melbourne, Australian veteran batsman Meg Lanning will not participate in the eighth season of the Women's Big Bash League (WBBL). The Melbourne Stars said in a statement on Tuesday that their captain Meg Lanning will continue her indefinite break from cricket and will miss the eighth season of the WBBL.

Melbourne Stars captain Meg Lanning will continue her indefinite break from cricket and will not play for the club in WBBL 08. The club respects her decision and her privacy will be fully respected, the club said.

Lanning had announced earlier in August that she would take an indefinite break from cricket for personal reasons.

Lanning had helped his team complete a successful 2022 Commonwealth Games campaign in Birmingham, in which Australia won the gold medal after beating India by nine runs in the final. Lanning, 30, hasn't set a deadline for her return.

Shaun Flagler, CA's head of performance for women's cricket, said: We are proud of Meg for admitting she needs a break and we will continue to support her during this time.

She has had an incredible contribution to Australian cricket over the past decade, has achieved remarkable achievements both individually and as part of the team, and has been a stellar role model for young children, she added.

The welfare of our players is always our number one priority, and we will continue to work with Meg to ensure she gets the support and space she needs, she added.

Lanning has represented the Melbourne Stars team in 54 matches. In these matches, he has scored 1,805 runs at an average of 41.97. During this she has scored 18 half-centuries. Her best individual score is 97 not out. The Women's Big Bash League will start from October 13.

टिप्पणी लेख्नुहोस्

Please Login to comment.